Facebook is a great platform that lets you get in touch with your friends, relatives; colleagues etc and keep updated on what is going on around you. However, if in case your Facebook account has been hacked and you are worried about it. Then there is no need to worry as there is an easy way to recover your compromised Facebook account.
You can call at the Facebook phone number or follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, go to the link https://www.facebook.com/hacked.
- There click on the “My Account is compromised” option. After that enter your email address, full name, username or phone number linked with your Facebook account and then click on ‘Search’.
- Now complete the security check by entering the captcha in the space given and then click on ‘Continue’.
- This will display all the accounts with the same username and you can select your account from the list shown to you. If you will enter your email ID, then only the correct account which is yours will be shown to you, so prefer entering your email ID. If you don’t remember your email ID then use other options.
- When your account is displayed, click on ‘This is my account’ and then enter the password you used to log into your Facebook account before it was hacked. You can enter any old or current password you remember for your account. Then click on ‘Continue’.
- Now to reset your password, you will receive a link to reset in the email address associated with your Facebook account. If you no longer have access to that email account, then click on the option ‘No longer has access to these’ and click on ‘Continue’.
- Now enter a new email address you have access to and follow the given instructions to get your hacked Facebook account recovered.
- It will confirm your new email address and then it will ask a security question. Answer the question correctly and it will take you to the next step.
- In the next step, you are required to enter a new password for your account which will help you recover your hacked Facebook account. Confirm the password by entering it again, click on ‘Continue’ and you are done.
In this way, you can easily recover your hacked Facebook account. However, if you encounter any difficulty in the recovery process, then get in touch with the technical executives available at Facebook customer service number.